Office Administrative Assistant
Small, local non-profit making a huge impact in the community is looking for talented help in their Sunnyvale office. Position can be full or part time; M-F 8:30am to 4:30pm (Flexible)
Since 2015, the Bay Area Furniture Bank (BAFB) mission has been to promote dignity and stability in our community by redirecting high quality donated furniture to families in need. Over 90 social service agencies in Santa Clara County, on behalf of their newly housed clients, request furniture needed from BAFB and our team goes to work fulfilling that need and personally delivering the furnishings.
The ideal candidate to join our team:
- Will work in collaboration with Operations Manager and warehouse crew in the office. You will be directly involved helping organize the various delivery and pickup requests into a workable daily schedule, entering orders, scheduling and dispatching the moving trucks and help manage the routing operations for the successful delivery of furniture and ‘welcome home kits’ to newly housed families.
- The ideal candidate is service-oriented and supports the logistics of BAFB’s operations by providing quality service to our partners and customers via phone and email. Candidate must be able to clearly explain what BAFB is capable of doing and what we are not able to do.
- Day-to-day activities in a high-tempo environment will include; placing calls to clients to confirm they will be home during the scheduled delivery time window, determining if there are any physical delivery issues to overcome (stairs, obstacles, narrow entries, etc.), answering Partner inquiries, order-tracking entries into database and assisting with a variety of tasks needed to meet our social service partners and client needs. This includes extensive daily computer use. Minor lifting of small goods or linen but never to exceed 20lbs.
What’s in it for you?
- Step into a “people first” culture where contributions and collaboration are encouraged
- Enjoy a short commute due to the location in BAFB’s proximity to Lawrence Expressway and Hwy 237
- Appreciate a relaxed casual dress code.
- Collaborate with an amazing group of people who will go the extra mile to do what it takes to help reduce the personal suffering of families moving into their new space.
Successful Candidate Criteria
- Previous office related work experience with exceptional telephone communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse work force that represent the many cultures of our social service partners and clients (ability to speak Spanish desired, but not required)
- Knowledge of and successful use of these current Microsoft Office programs; Excel, Word, Outlook
We are looking for a caring and compassionate person, someone who appreciates our mission, and is as committed about carrying out our work as is our team.
If you would you like to join the Bay Area Furniture Bank, a people and purpose oriented organization, a leader in making an impact on hundreds of families in the Bay Area…….Email us at Personnel@BAFB.Org and please describe in a short paragraph your interest in joining our team and include your résumé if available.