Who is eligible to get assistance from the Bay Area Furniture Bank?
We serve a range of clients including formerly homeless, veterans, women and children escaping abusive situations, refugees, victims of natural disaster, foster children aging out of the program, and many others needing a helping hand.
How do clients receive furniture from the Bay Area Furniture Bank?
Individual clients cannot request furniture directly from the Bay Area Furniture Bank as it against our charter and we are not open to the public. As we are not a social service agency, we entrust the assessment of our client’s needs to our Partner Agencies who are better equipped to advise clients and provide a more complete level of support. Individuals desiring to receive furniture from the Bay Area Furniture Bank should contact one of our Partner Agencies who can make an assessment and request for furniture.
How can someone receive furniture?
If you are already receiving assistance from a social service agency, please have your eligibility officer determine if the agency is a Partner Agency of the Bay Area Furniture Bank. If it is, then an eligibility officer will be able to utilize our services and request furniture. If your agency is not a Partner Agency and is interested in learning more about becoming a Partner Agency of the Bay Area Furniture Bank, please have them contact us directly.
Community Agency Partners
- Abode Services
- Adult Protective Services
- Bay Legal Services
- Bill Wilson Center – Milpitas
- Bill Wilson Center – San Jose
- Breakout Prison Outreach
- Bridges of Hope
- Building Futures with Women and Children
- CalWORKS Housing Support Program
- Catholic Charities
- Community Services Agency – Mountain View
- Community Solutions
- Compass Family Services
- Dept. of Family & Children’s Services – SCC
- Victim Services Unit – DA’s Office– SCC
- Gardner Family Care
- Health Trust
- Home First
- Hope’s Corner
- Housing Choices
- International Rescue Committee
- Jewish Family Services
- Los Altos/Mountain View Scholar Program
- Mekong Community
- Midtown Family Services
- New Directions
- Mental Health Assoc. of SMC
- Momentum for Mental Health
- Moving Green Today
- New Dimensions
- Next Door
- Palo Alto Housing Community
- Recovery Café
- Red Cross
- Salvation Army
- Santa Clara County Social Services – Aging and Adult Services
- Santa Clara County Social Services – CBS
- Santa Clara County Social Services – CIU
- Santa Clara County Social Services – Continuing Benefit Services
- Santa Clara County Social Services – Employment Services
- Santa Clara County Social Services – Family & Children’s Services
- Santa Clara County Social Services – GAO
- Santa Clara County – Office of Supportive Housing
- Santa Clara County – Rapid Rehousing
- Santa Clara Family Health Plan
- Seneca Family of Agencies
- Silicon Valley Children’s Fund
- St. Vincent De Paul
- Sunnyvale Community Services
- The Health Trust
- Unity Care Group
- West Valley Community Services
- Youth Outreach Program
What items can I get from the Bay Area Furniture Bank?
The Bay Area Furniture Bank provides furniture based upon the number of members in the client’s household and will consist of:
- Sofa or Love Seat
- Easy Chair
- End Tables
- Coffee Table
- Night Tables
- Kitchen Table and Chairs
As we rely on donations, occasionally some items may be unavailable at the time of a furniture request
Is the furniture offered free of charge?
There is a transaction fee which includes delivery of the furniture to the client’s residence. This fee is paid for by the sponsoring Community Partner with only rare exceptions.