- June 13
BAFB featured on KPIX Channel 5 News reported by Kiet Do
- April 26
- BAFB featured in the Mercury News “San Jose’s new Signia by Hilton hotel has upscale vibe” This link opens in a new tab
- Ray Piontek, BAFB Founder & Executive Director and BAFB Board Member Joe Noonan receive Commendations This link opens in a new tab from San Jose Mayor Sam Liccardo
- April 5
BAFB featured in the Mercury News “Bay Area inmates build furniture for people coming out of homelessness” This link opens in a new tab
- April 1
BAFB creates very first ‘About Us’ video
- November 11
BAFB featured in the Los Altos Town Crier (page 15)
“Bay Area Furniture Bank: Repurposing furniture for people in need” This link opens in a new tab
- July 16
Ray Piontek receives Commendation from Santa Clara Supervisor Dave Cortese for Bay Area Furniture Bank generous donation of 120 beds (Mattresses and Frames), 120 desks with 120 leather office chairs, and 70 mini refrigerators to the Homeless Veterans Emergency Housing Facility in San Jose.
- July 1
BAFB launches its newly designed website in partnership with Nimbus Design making it more user friendly for users of all platforms.
- June 6
8 members of the Almaden Super Lions This link opens in a new tab including District Governor Rick Silveria and PDG Bob Froom, 2 from the Sunnyvale Host Lions Club This link opens in a new tab and 1 from the Willow Glen Lions This link opens in a new tab, spent five hours at the Bay Area Furniture Bank and built tables and chairs kits for veterans and families.
During these times of social distancing, masked Lion members entered BAFB’s 40,000 foot warehouse and found building stations set 8 feet apart to allow for proper social distancing. In a cumulative 55 service hours, Lions built 36 square tables, 72 chairs, and 8 rectangular tables that will be distributed within the next 10 days.
- June 4
Bay Area Furniture Bank receives mattresses and frames from Tempur Sealy:
Convoy Joins Forces With Tempur Sealy International To Help Make Their Charitable Commitments A Reality During COVID-19 This link opens in a new tab
- May 31
During the third month of Shelter in Place BAFB served 76 families.
- April 30
During the pandemic, 73 families received furniture from BAFB this month.
- March 31
63 families received furniture from BAFB this month.
- March 19
Classified as Essential Business for its work supporting the homeless population, County of Santa Clara exempted Bay Area Furniture Bank from the Shelter in Place order.
- November: Los Altos Town Crier This link opens in a new tab (Bay Area Furniture Bank: Helping residents transition to stability) November
- Sunnyvale Horizon This link opens in a new tab (Fall Issue)
(City of Sunnyvale Award Ceremony) BAFB Voted “Business of the Year”On September 14, 2019, Mayor Larry Klein and the Sunnyvale City Council presented us with the 2019 Business of the Year award at the 2019 Sunnyvale Community Awards ceremony. The event took place during the State of the City celebration in downtown Sunnyvale, California.
The Community Awards recognize the dedication and hard work of community members across a variety of fields who have made a difference in the city of Sunnyvale.
- The Silicon Valley Voice This link opens in a new tab (City of Sunnyvale Award Ceremony)
Larry Klein, Sunnyvale Mayor, recognizes Bay Area Furniture Bank, as a Sunnyvale business who made significant contributions to the Sunnyvale community, September.
- San Jose Mercury News This link opens in a new tab (Bay Area Furniture Bank selected to be included in the WishBook fundraiser)
- November 7, Los Altos Town Crier This link opens in a new tab (Bay Area Furniture Bank transporting cast-off items to people who need them)
- October 1, Sereno Group This link opens in a new tab (Bay Area Furniture Bank nominated to be one of the “1% For Good” recipient)
- May: Los Altos Town Crier This link opens in a new tab (Families in need bank on furniture, thanks to Los Altos resident’s efforts)