Furniture Donations Guidelines
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have established safe solutions for donors and families. Please review these guidelines carefully.
Thank you for your understanding.
The Bay Area Furniture Bank’s mission is to promote dignity and stability in our community by redirecting donated furniture to families in need.
Our clients are primarily low-income individuals and families who lack the resources to meet their most basic furniture needs. Most cannot afford to purchase beds to sleep on, or tables to eat on, and rely on our help to obtain them.
We serve all ages throughout the Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. While several agencies in the area work to connect low-income families to food and housing, BAFB is the only organization in Northern California focusing on providing furnishings and bedding to help families turn housing into a home.
We redirect gently used furniture and houseware items to better the lives of thousands of deserving families.
Pick-up Guidelines during COVID-19
NEW Distanced Furniture Removal guidelines
|1.||You move all items to be donated to one area of the house: The garage is ideal, on your porch, in the driveway or in a storage/loading area in your building or the closest place to your entrance.|
|2.||We ask that you vacuum all fabric and wipe clean all surfaces with bleach wipes or leave items untouched for 3 days for safety.|
|3.||Complete the Donate Furniture form, tell us who you are, your timing, and other contact details as listed in the online Donate Furniture form.|
Send photos of the furniture you wish to donate to help us review and determine if we can repurpose these items.
Include in your email your name and phone number so that we can reach you with any questions we might have.
|5.||Our team will review your furniture donation form, advise as to which items we can accept, and those we cannot, outline the costs, and review the COVID-19 precautions being taken for the safety of all.|
|6.||To avoid payment in person and keep the process contact-free, we will let you know of the cost of the removal, and ask you to pay that service fee on our “Donate Funds” page! We currently accept major credit cards and 100% of the funds go directly to charity operations.|
|7.||The day prior to your pickup, we will confirm your appointment, and on the day of, our driver will contact you with an estimated time of arrival.|
|8.||Furniture Bank’s trained and professional staff will remove your furniture donations at a safe distance by following the Santa Clara County Public Health guidelines. For the safety of all involved, keep a 6′ distance and wear face mask when working with our crew.|
|9.||The only contact we will require is a signature on your tax receipt verifying your furniture has been collected.|
Items we Pickup
- Sofas – No longer than 7 feet (No recliner parts)
- Sleeper sofas – No larger than full size (54” x 75”)
- Easy Chairs – No recliners and no wider than 3 feet
- Bookcases – No taller than 6 feet
- Dressers – No wider than 4 feet
- Chest of Drawers
- Dining Tables – No longer than 4.5 feet
- Kitchen Tables
- Kitchen and Dining Chairs (without wheels/casters)
- Table Lamps
- Floor Lamps
- Coffee Tables
- Night Tables
- End Tables
- Kitchenware (utensils, pots, pans, plates)
- Small kitchen appliances (counted top only)
If it is not on the list, we unfortunately cannot accept it.
Items we DO NOT Pickup?
- Sectional sofas
- Oversize easy chair
- Sectional bookshelves
- China cabinets
- Oversize mirrors
- Kitchen and Dining Chairs (with wheels/casters)
- Sectional or L-Shape desks
- Filing cabinets (2 or 4 drawers, or lateral cabinets)
- Office chairs
- Beds (including frames, box spring, mattresses)
- Mirrors about dressers
- Glass on top of furniture
- Light Fixtures
- Large Appliances
- Grandfather Clocks
- Pianos or Organs
In doubt, email us photos (email@example.com), we will let you know if that item can find a new home with our clients.
Required Items Condition for Pickup
We pick-up the core types of furniture essential to help turning a living space into a home. However, they need to be in good, gently used useable condition.
Gently used furniture is clean, functioning, free of cooking smells or heavy spices, and not in need of repair. Bay Area Furniture Bank does not have the space to clean or repair soiled or damaged items. Please do not attempt to give us furniture that has rips, stains, tears, cigarette burns, water damage, showing signs of frayed fabric and/or pet hair.
Consider following these guidelines when thinking of donating items
– Quality, gently used, good and new items accepted
– Items must be safe, clean, and functional and
– Items must be in ready-to-use condition, with all parts assembled
– Items must be free of rust, food residue and not chipped
– Upholstered items must be free of stains, tears and pet hair/odors
– Items must be from a non-smoking and pet-free household
– Kitchen items must be clean and functional
We ask that you please
- review our frequently asked questions
- send us “honest” pictures at firstname.lastname@example.org, and
- complete the online donation form, located at https://bayareafurniturebank.org/furniture-donation-form/ this way, we will have all necessary information to contact you regarding the potential pickup.
Pick-up Service Fee?
Our minimum Service Fee of $145 is to cover the operational costs associated with your pick-up. If there is a large number of items to be collected, stairs, and/or they are located at a distant site, additional charges will apply.
To provide cost-effective pick-ups, we ask our donors to include at least two or three pieces of furniture such as: table/chairs, dresser, and sofa. There are exceptional cases in which one item can be picked-up; but, more pieces are appreciated to maximize efficiency of operation (review the list of acceptable items).
The Service Fee is set at a minimum level for the County of Santa Clara, that ensures we can run the service as a sustainable business model in the pursuit of our goal that everyone transitioning from homelessness has access to furniture. The Service Fee for County of San Mateo and cities in SCC South County is set at a minimum of $195.
The Service Fee allows us to:
- Operate a professional furniture removal service
- Employ schedulers, drivers, navigators, and helpers to remove the items directly from your home or business and move them to our storage facility
- Pay rent on our storage and staging spaces
- Help pay for the delivery costs of moving furniture to a family in need
- Sustain a 501 (C) (3) non-profit charity that is only partly funded by financial donations and grants
Staging Items for Fast Removal
It is best to leave the items in the following places:
- The garage is ideal,
- On your covered porch,
- In a storage in your building or
- The closest place to your entrance.
If you leave items outside such as driveway or loading area, protect the items with a secured tarp.
We collect donations from the following cities located South of HW 84 (Woodside Rd) and North of HW 152 (Gilroy)
Almaden, Atherton, Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Los Gatos, Menlo Park, Monte Sereno, Mountain View, East Palo Alto, Palo Alto, Portola Valley, North San Jose, West San Jose, Santa Clara, Saratoga, Stanford, Sunnyvale, Woodside.